|Position: PhD student |
Telephone: 61 829 5760
My scientific interests are hydrobiology, ecology, taxonomy and distribution of charophytes and the use of indicator value of this group of macroscopic algae in palaeoreconstractions. I am also interested in the impact of climate change on the functioning of aquatic ecosystems.
Current study topics
- Ecology and world-wide distribution of the rare charophyte Lychnothamnus barbatus
- The impact of climate change on organisms and aquatic environments with particular consideration of charophytes
- The use of indicator value of charophytes in palaeoreconstractions
- 2016 - 2020
Grant of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education (Diamond Grant DI2015017045) Recovery of the population of an endangered charophyte species Lychnothamnus barbatus in the light of climate change
- Brzozowski M., Pełechaty M. 2020. Broad morphological and reproductive variability of the endangered macroalga Lychnothamnus barbatus in the depth gradient. Aquatic Botany 165, 103239 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aquabot.2020.103239.
- Brzozowski M., Palomares Cabanilles M., Kowalewski G., Pełechaty M. 2019. Environmental factors responsible for the gyrogonite formation by an endangered macroalga, Lychnothamnus barbatus, a fertility indicator of past and present lacustrine ecosystems. Limnologica 77, 125686 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.limno.2019.125686.
- Brzozowski M., Pełechaty M., Pietruczuk K. 2018. Co-occurrence of the charophyte Lychnothamnus barbatus with higher trophy submerged macrophyte indicators. Aquatic Botany 151: 51-55 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aquabot.2018.08.003 .
- Pełechaty M., Brzozowski M., Pietruczuk K. 2017. Overwintering and gyrogonite formation by the rare and endangered indicative macroalga Lychnothamnus barbatus (Meyen) Leonh. in eutrophic conditions. Aquatic Botany 139: 19-24 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aquabot.2017.02.005 .
- Brzozowski, M., Owsianny, P. M., 2015. Świadomość ekologiczna osób nurkujących w jeziorze chronionym na przykładzie jeziora Płotki koło Piły. Studia Limnologica et Telmatologica 9(2): 49-58 Link to publication.
Internship in research group of Professor Maria A. Rodrigo, Institute "Cavanilles" of Biodiversity and Evolutionary Biology, University of Valencia. Internship financed from the project: POWR.03.02.00-00-I022/16
Distinction in the name of M. Gieysztor competition organized by the Polish Hydrobiological Society for the master's thesis entitled Water quality and structure of vegetation of a lake dominated by the charophyte Lychnothamnus barbatus: current state, changes in time and proposals for protective measures. Graduate work was performed at the Department of Hydrobiology, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań under the supervision of dr hab. Mariusz Pełechaty
- 2017 – to date
PhD student at Department of Hydrobiology at AMU, supervisor: dr. hab. Mariusz Pełechaty, professor of AMU
Medal of Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan "For Outstanding Academic Achievement and Distinctive Participation in University Life"
Students Nobel 2017 in the category of natural sciences and energetics - the competition was organized by Independent Student Association under the patronage of the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education
- 2015 – 2017
MSc student at the Faculty of Biology, AMU, subject: environmental protection, specialty: protection of aquatic environments ,master thesis: Water quality and structure of vegetation of a lake dominated by the charophyte Lychnothamnus barbatus: current state, changes in time and proposals for protective measures, supervisor: dr hab. Mariusz Pełechaty, professor of AMU
- 2012 – 2015
BSc student at the Faculty of Biology, Didactic and Scientific Branch in Piła, AMU, subject: environmental protection, master thesis: The protection of the lake within the Special Area of Conservation (SAC) Natura 2000 and the development of its tourist potential (Lake Płotki, PLH 300045 Ostoja Pilska), supervisor: dr Paweł Michał Owsianny